Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Game On!

Like any good higher school kid from the 90's, I too can proudly sing the Wayne's World theme song...and I'm damn pround of it!

And I have decided to live like Wayne & Garth...GAME ON!

I have made a choice. A choice that I must own. And a choice that will bring pain. But I must be willing to accept all things that come with this choice, or I really haven't made the choice that I know is the one right one.

I am going to live my life.

I will no longer live Tom Buchanan's life, not Wall's life, and not Princess' life. I will live MY life.

I refuse to cage my thoughts, ideas, feelings, and desires. Resentment, anger, and bitterness will no longer control life. Fear and anxiety will be faced head on. Strangers will no longer be given control of my self image and my self respect.

I will have crappy days. I will have wonderful days. I may succeed. I may fail. But in 12 months, this will no longer be my life.

I will stand on my own two feet for the first time in my life.

2 comments:

  1. We need to turn this into a song. A mantra.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you challenge me to try alot harder in my writing...my public blog is my "family friendly" for the in laws...I don't think they even read or check the pictures...I don't type what I think much there...Maybe I will :-)

    Great blog...great writing

    ReplyDelete