Thursday, January 8, 2009

And on a serious note...

Wall has been struggling with ADHD since he was very little. After failing to see improvements from the diet change, behavioral modifications, numerous therapies, and various other "remedies", we finally decided that we had to try meds.

Lately, my Wall has been cracking and the meds just weren't helping. So I took my Wall to visit the new doctor today. I feel oddly relieved and oddly anxious all at the same time.

Despite knowing all the signs and symptoms, I was still a bit taken aback when they handed me the information packet about Aspergers Disorder. Really, Asperger's? WHY???

Okay, okay...you're right. I shouldn't have been too surprised. It really would make sense.

You know what I really want to do now? I want to walk into that frozen hell of those team parents and tell them all where they can stick their hateful comments. My kids isn't LAZY like they so desperately want to believe!

So there!

1 comment:

  1. He is a wonderful kid! Aspergers is not the end of the world. He is highly intelligent...honestly, have you met my dad???? WOW! He is super intelligent and he struggled through school, joined the air force and got his MBA....and has been very successful. All of this to say he thinks he may have aspergers...he kind of fits the bill. Your kid will succeed...there is no way he would be where he is now if it weren't for you pulling for hi. You are a REAL mom who is always advocating for the best for both her children.

    ReplyDelete