Friday, June 12, 2009

Learning To Count

In time, all things become clear. And in time, all things become muddled in our memories.

Days...
In a days time, we can completely reshape our opinion of those we thought we knew so well.
In a days time, we can reflect on events of days past and question our decisions and our motives.
In a days time, we can decide if we will spectate or participate in our own lives.

Weeks...
In a weeks time, we can lose ourselves in the pain of others.
In a weeks time, we forget the simple pains of yesterday.

Years...
In a years time, we allow our world to be recreated by others because we fail to stand up.


In these many months I have tried hard to learn exactly what is that Tom Buchanan wants from me. I have tried to give my Wall a firm foundation. And I have attempted to lift my Princess high above the crowd that could bring her harm. In the end, I neglected to understand, support, and protect the one thing that holds it all together. I found myself hiding in the foreground hoping to be over looked.

I'm paralyzed with fear but dying to feel free and wanted again. I struggle with convictions and needs. I am on the threshold of a turning point. Turning to a new direction. A point of marked change.

No more hiding in the safety of the forest edge. Sunlight shines brighter in the open meadow.

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I really wanted to leave you a comment to say how much I've enjoyed reading your posts. You have some great pictures too.

    Thank you for sharing your writing and pics - very generous !!

    ReplyDelete